Welcome to the Ranah Weimaraners website! As a member of the Weimaraner Club of America, I breed for quality, health, temperment, beauty, & brains and adhere to the WCA "Code of Ethics". The sire and dam are chosen only when they have health clearances, i.e. OFA Hip, eyes, Thyroid, DNA testing for HUU... Puppy buyers will be screened to ensure puppies will go to a loving home that can provide proper care for the life of the dog. All puppies are microchipped, tails docked, dew claws removed, wormed, vet checked, and vaccinated according to the current protocol recommended by the Weimaraner Club of America (see http://weimaranerclubofamerica.org/main/index.php?lang=en for additional weimaraner information)
Before thinking about purchasing a puppy, you may wish to consider a rescued weimaraner. Here is the link where you can find a weimaraner that is in need of a good home: http://www.flweimrescue.com/breeders.php
Litter born September 13, 2013 8 puppies- 6 males and 2 females. Must contact breeder for an application to purchase a puppy. See contact information.
sire: BISS GCH CH Kristen's Comfort and Grady's Joy, CA NSD (OFA Hips Good, Elbows Normal, CERF/ Heart/ Echo/Thyroid all normal, HUU Normal/Normal)
dam: Ch Ranah's Strangebrew of Kristen (CHIC ,OFA Hips Fair, Thyroid normal,CERF) shown in the photo above
For Krissy's 1st litter, puppies born Nov. 23, 2011, I bred to the #1 weimaraner in the nation. “Jimmy”(Platinum GCH BIS SBIS Ch Silhouettes LifeInTheFastLane) was the breed winner at the Westminster Show in New York 2012. “Jimmy” is currently the male weimaraner who has won the most Best in Shows in the history of the breed. The breeding was done at LSU by use of frozen semen that was shipped from Las Vegas since Jimmy was traveling across the nation being shown at various shows.
She produced one litter of 9 pups. From that litter she produced 3 AKC Champions, 1 AKC Grand Champion, 2 AKC Junior Hunters, 1 Mexican & Pan-American Champion, all by the time they were 18 months old. Two of her puppies have had their preliminary OFA hips evaluated at 14 months old. Listed below are 4 of her pups from her 1st litter:
CH Ranah’s Run in the Fast Lane, JH “Baron” was OFA “Excellent” (app. # 1551848), CERF WE-EYE4/12M-PI, DNA Profile #: V694654 “Baron” won first place in the Field Trial Dog class at the Chattahoochee Weim. Club Specialty. He finished his CH with 5 majors at 12 months old & his JH (Junior Hunter) at 14 months old (all breeder/owner handled).
GCH Ranah’s Run for the Roses, JH “Rosie” was OFA “Good” (app. # 1551849), CERF WE-EYE5/12F-PI “Rosie” won 3rd place Southern 2013 Intermediate Futurity Bitch. She finished her CH at 9 months old. JH at 16 months, & GCH by 18 months. She finished from the Bred-by-Exhibitor class.
CH Ranah’s Run like the Wind “Windy” finished before she was 18 months old. She has one leg toward her JH.
Mexican CH Pan-American CH Ranah’s Run Pascual Run “Pascual” was the 2012 #1 Mexican Champion Weimaraner (at 12 mos. old) Pan-American CH by 18 months.
Be careful when purchasing a Weimaraner puppy from "backyard puppy producers". Most of these people know nothing about our breed and produce puppies solely for money. They do no health or temperament clearances and if you run into a problem with the puppy, they want nothing to do with you. Our club cleans up after irresponsible backyard puppy producers when their pups grow up and get discarded!
WARNING! if the breeders say their pups are not AKC registered because of some weird reason RUN TO YOUR CAR! This means AKC has inspected them and because their operation was filthy and/or substandard, they can no longer register pups with AKC! Often they make up some lame story about how they "don't use AKC because they support something or other" but the truth is they are BANNED BY AKC!! The "puppy mill registries" do not inspect any of these slime operations and will register anything submitted that pays their fee. Such registries may include Continental kennel club, Pet Registry of America, Dog Registry of America, National Kennel club etc, - all formed to get registration money from those SUBSTANDARD operations who have lost AKC registration privileges. GO TO: www.demandakcpapers.com,
1. Make certain both parents have OFA or PennHip certifications proving that they do NOT have hip dysplasia. Ask for a copy of these certifications (do not take their word for it). If they have never heard of hip certifications or demean it, run for the door!
2. Make certain that the dam of the pups is over 2 yrs old and less than 7 yrs old, that the pups are over 8 wks of age.
3. BLUE WEIMARANERS: Blue Weimaraners come from a black gene and this is a DISQUALIFYING FAULT in the Weimaraner Club of America. Blue Weimaraners are NOT rare. All Blue Weims are deliberately produced by puppy producers so they can dupe the uninformed buyer. All it takes to produce blue pups is to breed a blue to a blue or a grey to a blue or a grey to any black dog. It is UNETHICAL in the Weimaraner Club of America to breed Blue Weimaraners.
We are part of the nationwide network ofWeimaraner Club of Americalocal clubs; if we don't have a breeder with pups in this area, we can contact many ethical breeders all over the nation and find a quality puppy for you.
WCA Ethical Breeders have many years of knowledge about our breed and belong to the Weimaraner Club of America where they continue their education by involvement in Weimaraner seminars and activities.
1. Ethical breeders have OFA or PennHip certifications on the parents of their puppies proving that they are free of hip dysplasia, many also have various other clearances such as thyroid, heart, eye, elbows and stud dogs are DNA certified by the American Kennel Club. Puppies are kept with their mother for at least 8 wks and the litter is kept together and socialized until 7-8 wks of age before going to new homes.
2. Ethical breeders will provide a 3-5 generation pedigree, medical information, written instructions and articles on the care and training of the new puppy, and sponsor your membership to the Weimaraner Club of America. They will encourage you to learn about the breed by joining the local Weimaraner club and attending training sessions for obedience, show or field.
2. Ethical breeders want to make certain that the puppy will be in a GOOD HOME above all else, and will work with the new family to teach them about the breed and about the best type of training.
3. Ethical breeders NEVER breed Blues or Longhairs. They plan their litters and the only puppies that are deliberately produced are grey shorthaired pups.
4. Ethical breeders have worked and trained the dam of the puppies showing that they are correct for the breed by earning their AKC championships. In order to find the best match, often, the mother of the puppies has been bred to a stud dog owned by another WCA member (sometimes all the way to California!), they rarely breed their own dogs together. They try to find the best stud dog for their particular bitch.
5. Most Ethical breeders have trained their dogs in the field, showing that these dogs have the correct hunting instinct, and so they will have earned several field titles. Quality puppies (depending on the breeding and if show potential or pet quality) with champion parents should cost from $1200-$2500.
Home is this current page.
Upcoming litter tells when our next litter is due.
Profiles introduce individuals.
Facts or Appointments are about the industry and allow you to make an appointment online.
Photos present visual images.
News keeps you up-to-date and lets you see appointment schedules from multiple calendars.
Contact Us lets you reach us by email.
Map shows our location.
Video is an amusing news story about us.
We add throughout the day to these pages:
Find us also on the Contact Us page.
We look forward to seeing you again!
850-623-8507 hm 850-496-7122 cellWe welcome your call, mail or email.